Yans From The Paper Stands

Where Nigerian Fan Make Their News

Howard Webb wore a Man Utd jersey, they showed it on the news yesterday”, he said in yoruba.

Well, before I continue, this is the maiden article from this column. For those of us who have to go to work every morning and see a group of bystanders at the paper stands (guess that’s where it got it’s name from). You may wonder some people could be so jobless on a morning but the football part of you would definitely want to join them but you have to pay bills so you can’t and you wonder how they pay their own bills. Also for those of us who are tired of listening to experts talk about football; I believe the game is already played by experts so we don’t experts telling us what happened because we are not blind and we watch through the same screens. Well, I guess that’s enough of an introduction, let’s go straight to the stands.

“Howard Webb wore a Man Utd jersey, they showed it on the news yesterday”, he said in yoruba. Now I know he wore a Man Utd jersey but only on an edited picture on Ryan Babel’s twitter account but with the way everybody looked shocked at this revelation shows this news might spread a long way in some parts of the country. You want to wonder how people who spend their mornings with news are so uninformed. Ryan Babel might need all these people in the witness box when (or if) he stands before the FA explaining how he got the picture. I couldn’t help the people there because I was only there to listen and that’s exactly what I did though it won’t help the already ‘PDPed’ Man Utd image, it causes more excitement and that’s what the game is about.

“Ha!!! Na Spanish league players full for this awards”, said someone else in reaction to the awards scheduled for later today. I don’t think there were any premiership fans there to defend the league or the ones present simply conceded to his statement; the  quietness that followed suggested they were present but just plain quiet.  “Ronaldo score three goals yesterday, the way him turn for the third goal show sey him no dey chop akpu”, said another. I haven’t seen the goal so I guess those you who have might judge him correctly because those of you (or us) who do eat akpu would never be able to turn that way.

Well, that’s all I could get this morning from your people because I had to catch the bus and of course pay my bills too. Yans From The Stands will keep you posted with the news from fans like you. Have a great start to the week. See you at the comments.

Comments

  1. Na wetin dem dey talk for there everytime, how u expect make I dey there dey follow dem talk. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The FA Cup returns today